WHAT IS THE KEEPY UPPY CLUB?
Back in Scotland as a boy, Tony and friends would juggle for hours each day, the game was simply known as Keepy Uppy. As a focus point of our technical development program we are introducing the program for all participating players within the club.
The Keepy Uppy Program encourages players to practice at home so they can become more focused, technically-sound players on the field. Stressing improved juggling at the younger ages underlines the increased skill improvement the players will attain as they age and develop.
Practicing juggling will:
- Improve the first touch on the ball
- Improve ball control
- Provide greater confidence when dribbling
- Focus concentration during games
- Increase comfort and confidence when receiving the ball
Following are the benchmarks for achieving each level of juggling. As each benchmark/level is achieved a special Tony Glavin “Keepy Uppy Club” bag tag, patch, T-shirt or other gifts will be awarded. Coaches will keep track of players’ juggling scores and turn them in. Players will receive new rewards as they progress to higher juggling levels.
Level Benchmark Juggles Award
- 10 TG Keepy Uppy Bag Tag
- 25 TG Keepy Uppy 25 Patch Yellow
- 50 TG Keepy Uppy 50 Patch Orange
- 75 TG Keepy Uppy 75 Patch Red
- 100 TG Keepy Uppy T-Shirt Green
- 250 TG Keepy Uppy T-Shirt White
- 500 TG Keepy Uppy T-Shirt Black
- 750 TG Keepy Uppy T-Shirt Gold
- 1000 TG Keepy Uppy Platinum Level Embroidered Polo
TGSC Players: Send us your juggling videos! We'd love to share it! (YouTube link is required.)